26 12
發新話題
打印

bones problem

bones problem

hi,

one of my cats started to have problem while walking

vet said it's scottish fold's bone problem ... he's now 11 and doc gave him the "bone injection" (needs to take every week for 4 weeks) ... i let him take the Synoquin Cat after the 3rd injection last week ... but his problem is still much the same ... sometimes seems a bit bit better ... sometimes even worst ...

would like to seek some advice / experience fr the cat owners who have the same problem here ...

thanks a lot.

just realize so many replies already ...

he's going to have the 4th injection today ... taking the supplement for ard 5 days ... however, i don't know if it's due to the supplement or just coincident ... he throws up for a few times in the last few days ... i gave him hairball control for a few days already ... see if he still throw up or not today ...

after the injection and supplement, i think he's walking even worst ... a bit like "jump walk" cos to avoid the painful leg(s) to have too much pressure to the ground

he walks less than b4 but still willing to jump up to my bed (i put a box for him to jump up more easily) ... eating normal ...

what i'm thinking is if he's not the soft bones tissue problem but maybe bones changed shape or what ... i don't know ... i will ask the doc today ...

thanks a lot …

yes, i think x-ray can see the problem clearly ...

since i went to 2 vets for this problem, one vet said pain killer can't take for long term for cats ... another vet said their case need to take pain kill for long term ... so, i get confused ...

usually, if he throw up so much like this, he will be fine after i gave him hairball control for a few days ... he will throw up lots of food / water ...

人形坐 is not a good sign ??

i don't know if he's allergy to the supplement as he keeps throw up in these days after started the pills ... he throws up a lot again this pm ...

since he has bladder stone history ... so, i'm not dare to give anything new ... even the Synoquin Cat ... i only take it after vet confirmed it won't affect stone problem ...

so, ur supplements can help ur cat ?

回復 26# 的帖子

oic ... i really didn't notice it's becos the bone problem ... my husband always said they are getting "human" when they sit like this ...

引用:
原帖由 小小小特警 於 2011-5-20 01:36 發表
妹豬囡之前打骨針,打頭一支同最後一支(第四支)後,都有嘔 (佢分別嘔了一次)的情況,所以打完個最一個月療程,到打每月一支的針的時候,我同VET講妹豬的情況,佢話如果係咁,妹豬唔適合再打骨針了,所以我想你要同VE ...
i talked to the vet yesterday ... doc wonder if the throw up is due to the Synoquin Cat ... so, i now let him take it with wet food together (open the capsule and take the powder out) as i feed him directly b4 ...

he took the last (4th) injection yesterday ... i told doc that he seems not much improvements ... doc said his problem can't be cured but just to prolong the problem ... he still suggests me to give him the Synoquin Cat for some time first n see how's his progress later ...

引用:
原帖由 doriswong 於 2011-5-20 11:00 發表
佢哋個特別坐姿就係因為腳仔痛, 所以咁樣坐令到腳仔冇咁受力囉. 睇就好似好可愛, 查實有苦自己知囉. 係呀. 佢哋呢個病係冇得根治, 只有靠SUPPLEMENT 幫佢哋延緩病情希望唔好差落去..  SUPPLEMENT  ...
yes ... the sitting posture looks v cute but the story behind is so sad ... too bad that i just know it today ...

usually, how long will u see the improvement after taking the supplement ? ... i started since last weekend ... i m now giving him once a day n see if his throw up will stop first ...

so, i can start giving the supplement to my other scottish fold even they don't have the walking problem, right ? as they started the "human sitting" for long time ago ...

thanks a lot for all the help in this forum ... !!!

引用:
原帖由 doriswong 於 2011-5-20 11:35 發表
類同既SUPPLEMENT 有好多種類, 有時都要試邊隻啱自己既貓貓食.. 同埋SUPPLEMENT 唔會話好快即時見效, 起碼都2-3個week... 你其他既貓貓有冇走路有問題呀, 佢哋幾大年紀? 若然冇行路問題年紀又不大既又唔 ...
my other 2 scottish fold are also 10 yrs o ... one of them have the bone problem syptoms like his tail blended ... x-ray also shown that his back bone has many "bone 次" ...

the other looks ok but when i examine his legs like the vet did (see if the joints are soft enough) ... not all joints are soft ...

so, is that GLYCO FLEX is more common than Synoquin Cat ... if GLYCO FLEX comes like snack ... it's v good wor ...

引用:
原帖由 doriswong 於 2011-5-20 14:33 發表
其實若果GLYCO FLEX 可以代替SYNOQUIN CAT, 你可以睇下呢度.. http://forum.hksfsickcats.com/thread-952-1-1.html
佢既成份有青口素, 葡萄糖胺, 軟骨素等..呢啲都係幫助佢哋生長返軟骨既重要原素...   ...
thanks a lot ... seems vet usually recommend Synoquin Cat instead ... at least the 2 vets i visited ...  

then, is MSM a medicine or it's an natural ingredient to kill the pain ?

however, i can only ask the vet if they can take GLYCO FLEX as they have bladder stone history ... !?

回復 36# 的帖子

then, MSM sounds good ...

i will ask the vet later if Synoquin Cat no use ...

thanks a lot ...

回復 38# 的帖子

唔該晒 ... !!

Hi doris,

I read some of the posts in the website abt. “give hand” = bone problem

So, “give hand” = put up their hand and “fing” once or twice and then put down again
Is it the case ? as I saw my cats will have this problem too

I tried to give my 2nd cat the synoquin last evening as I know he has problem too (blended tail / abnormal nails / bone “chi” on his back bones)

However, for my 3rd cat, I don’t know if his problem is serious or mild while I can’t give him synoquin (to mix with wet food) since he has sensitive tummy and easy to get diarrhea … so, I’m thinking to buy gylco flex as it can feed as snack … is it easy to find in pet shop / vet ?

Many thanks again …

回復 41# 的帖子

thanks a lot ...

回復 43# 的帖子

thanks for ur reply ...
yes ... 吊手仔 ... v good description ...

26 12
發新話題